THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A DAY AT THE PUNKIN' PATCH!


I was thrilled to hear of a pumpkin patch once October rolled around, and painted my own picture of what would be involved. I was thinking hayride, hot cider or cocoa (and obviously I was thinking cooler weather-ha fat chance!) I imagined bundling up and picking out that perfect pumpkin to take home and carve! I guess I was mixing up the warm feeling of Xmas tree shopping with pumpkin shopping?! We went to Hunter's Farm to partake in this fun I plotted in my own head, but we ended up learning the difference between a dairy and a beef cow AND we rode in a covered wagon pulled behind a tractor that Ryan and I overheard the farmhands saying was losing it's brakes ?! NOW THAT'S A PUNKIN PATCH FOR YA!!! I am not bellyaching too terribly bad, but I have to share the humor in that day. We did end up going to the petting farm part, which was lots of fun. But once again, like my last post, it was extremely hot. Just didn't seem right. Once the tractor ride was over, we picked out a few punkins and scrammed! WAITING FOR THE COVERED WAGON TO PICK US UP WE GOT A FEW PHOTO OPS!!



THIS IS THE PETTING ZOO PART....NO SMILE RYAN?!


STILL NO GIGGLE OR ANYTHING....


ONE MORE TO MAKE MY POINT STRONGER....



FINALLY!!! A SMILE! I KNOW THIS HAS A BAD GLARE, BUT WE NEVER GET ALL 3 IN!!


This Halloween, I was thinking about doing a nice pot o'chili- once again, getting that warm feeling??? I was hoping I could get some recipes out of this. Nana-I never write down yours since I am usually calling you from an aisle of the grocery store..... so I will definitely need it please! And I'd love some pointers or tips or secret ingredients from anyone and everyone else!!! PS....IT JUST RAINED HERE FOR 15 MINS STRAIGHT-CAN I GET AN AMEN!!!!







2 comments:

Leanna said...

t-shane that was too much! My abs got a work out and I was crying! That was hilarious. I was trying to explain it to Mick and could only get it out in 3 word spurts. HEE HEE!! I wish I could have heard the 'farmhand' and then been there to see the look on Shakey's face. PRICELESS, I'm sure! Macy looks like she had fun.

ginters3 said...

Matt prides himself on his chili and his stir fried chicken, you'll have to get him to give you the secret recipe!