THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, October 7, 2007

OH, CANADAAA!!!!!


We left Charlotte mid August to go to Canada for a visit and especially for Kristy and Craig's wedding, Aug 18th. The trip was absolutely so much fun and of course, way too short. Pappa had an itinerary from the moment he picked us up at the airport. We had a four hour drive to Sudbury , where dinner and family would be waiting on us. We were able to have a pee break and grab a Timmy Horton's 45 minutes into the trip. Thanks to Pappa and the itinerary! Back on the road to the "BIG NICKEL"-see above!!! Once in Sudbury, there was so much going on! It was dinner, after party, after bbq, after golf, after pedicure, after dinner, after wedding, after pictures, after dinner, after party, after brunch, after camp.....well, I hope you get the picture by now! We were very thankful to have shower and sleep time incorporated to the ITINERARY!!!!


....Macy had such a great time with her cousins. They got to play nonstop daily, usually with no naps, unless a child miraculously fell out! I think she actually dreamt of them in her sleep at night, cause as soon as she would wake, the first words out her mouth would be..."where's my cousins" or " I want to go see my cousins!" Thankfully the itinerary would usually have us heading to meet up with them!


The wedding was a huge success, and by far the funnest wedding I have been to. Everyone there commented on what a wonderful time everyone had. I wonder if it was the wine that Pappa made for the reception? Or maybe, it was the strip tease put on by all of the groom's men, or MAYBE it was the beautiful bride dancing in rubber boots??? I will elaborate there....and I will probably need to be corrected by someone, but it is an ol' Finnish tradition for the bride to dance in rubber boots on her wedding night (yes, still in her dress). I think it's for the man's sake that if she can dance in those boots with her gown on, she is good enough to go milk the cows in the boots?!?!?! let me show you a picture.....





Okay...not the best quality, but if you look closely she's got some black rubber boots on! It was great!!!


Macy finally got to meet Granny at the wedding! (She met her 2 yrs ago, but I don't really think she remembers!) Her great-grandmother. Now, Macy has other grandmother's, we just don't use that term. We have an Amma (Icelandic), a Mumo (Finnish-I know I spelled it wrong!) and a Gigi (Southern). I think Macy was saddened thinking that she has no grandmother. So you could just imagine her excitement meeting her "granmudder". Let me show you.....



Granny uses a wheelchair sometimes to get around. So now when we see the lil' wheelchair sign for handicap accessibility she says "look!!!! It's granny!!!" Pretty cute stuff!

First one on the dance floor at the reception....


MR AND MRS CRAIG SMITH!!!!!!

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY CRAIG...GOOD LUCK ;)!!!


0 comments: